Wednesday, October 17, 2007

A White Penske Truck?


I know what you're thinking...we thought the same thing too. We didn't know if we had a dud or not getting this white Penske truck. What happened to the common yellow truck? I questioned the person who handed it over to us, and he didn't know what to say. Some of the trucks are yellow, and some of them are white. Wow, but really, what are the odds of getting a white one? Maybe it is greater than I ever thought!

My mom offered to drive the moving truck along our adventurous route to Arizona. I am so grateful to have a mom who loves to drive trucks! She was such a good sport. My mom ended up driving this Penske truck clear from Salt Lake City, Utah to Chandler, Arizona. I followed behind her a good chunk of the way, and boy these trucks can move! I had a hard time keeping up with her!

We had a long 2 day trip and all was well. We didn't experience any problems, other than a few misleading signs/directions. We were able to pass through Zion's National Park. My mom was actually not too happy to drive along the narrow switchbacks and tunnels the park had to offer. I don't know about my mom, but one thing I gained from this trip was is that I'm never going to drive it again. It's way too long/far. I'm flying from now on!

I would like to re-thank all those who helped load and unload this monster of a truck! You all are awesome! Thanks again mom, Graham, Michael, Ryan, Drew, Logan, and Logan's friends (sorry I forgot their names). I seriously couldn't have done it without you. I'll let you know when I need to use your services again. :)


No comments: