Wednesday, October 17, 2007

My First AZ Luau


Drew and I went to the Stake Luau in October of 2006. It was so much fun. This was the first activity I was able to go to as a new resident of Arizona. I was impressed with how many people showed up to this event. The food was amazing and the dancers were entertaining...who could ask for a better time? I have to admit I was a little chilly...I didn't realize we'd be outside the entire night. But, I was pleasantly surprised to see heaters throughout the giant backyard. It was kind of funny to see so many people huddled around them. I tried to be tough and not use the heaters because I knew if I went to them, it would be hard to leave them. So, I was sporting goosebumps most of the evening.
The time has come once again, and this year's luau is October 20, 2007. I, unfortunately, will be in Denver, Colorado, so I will miss it this year. It should be lots of fun. I wish I could go. I would have asked Grant to come with me.

No comments: