Wednesday, October 17, 2007

AZ Diamondbacks vs CO Rockies

Grant and I went to the first 2007 AZ vs CO playoff game. They played at Chase Field in Phoenix, AZ. Grant picked me up early from work and we grabbed a bite to eat at a nearby pizza place. I got myself a D-backs baseball cap and wore red to support Grant in cheering for AZ. Unfortunately for him, they lost to Colorado. Since I am now posting this a week later, I now know that Colorado beat Arizona all 4 games. I think this is actually quite exciting for CO. I just remember when I used to live in CO, they weren't a very strong team. So, it's nice to see that they're stepping it up now.

But, back to the game...I was so happy the roof was open so it was like we were at a real baseball game. Last time we were here, it was all indoors, and that felt strange to me. There was no reason to wear a baseball cap. Now I had a reason! We had really good seats chillin' in the back row of the bleechers.

Being at the game, we were able to witness some bad fan behavior. People were throwing beer bottles and drinks onto the field because of a bad call. I've never seen anything like it. Another interesting thing to witness was this CO fan holding up his sign. The sign had the dates his buddy was alive on it. I thought that was a bit much, especially since the date he died was a year to the date of this game. Well, maybe that game was for him...since CO ended up winning!