Monday, October 22, 2007

First Snow of the Year in Denver 2007


While I was up in Colorado for a Children's Oncology Group (COG) Meeting, I was able to spend a couple of days with aunt Carol. Cara gave me the weather forecast a few days before I flew up and told me the weather would start out in the 50s and warm up to the mid-70s by Sunday, October 21. Yeah...not exactly 75 degrees!
I actually enjoyed my time in Denver because I didn't realize how much I missed the seasons. Leaves were changing colors and falling, and then the snow came blowing in. Within a few hours, the sun melted most of the snow away. It ended up being a nice weekend to sleep in and relax.
Unfortunately, aunt Carol was experiencing pain in her stomach and aching throughout her body all week. She wasn't feeling so great, so we had another excuse to stay in and take it easy! Hopefully, she is feeling almost normal now. Even though she may have not felt the best, I couldn't have asked for a better host! Thanks again for everything! Oh...I almost forgot to mention...Scully came around on the first day. She's warming up to me!


1 comment:

Degns Of Our Lives said...

Hey, you can't blame me for the weather! I just read you what the weather channel said! You should know Colorado weather is unpredictable :)