Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Speed Dating

On September 28, 2007, the Porter's hosted a speed-dating activity. Monique invited me, and I invited Bryan. (Monique's the blonde in the picture next to Bryan. Brother Porter is on the far right.) I decided to take a picture of this event to show Paul that I still go to these amazing date-nights. I'm sure he would appreciate this. :) Also, now you know who Monique is...this one's for you, Ben. :) Bryan is a guy who I knew from Highlands Ranch, Colorado. He just moved here around the beginning of September. He's now trying to get me buff by forcing me to go to the gym with him. I'm actually willing to do it, as long as I'm not working out for 2+ hours.

Anyway, these pictures descibe briefly what speed-dating is all about. Every 3 minutes or so a new guy comes over to talk to you. You both decide if you'd like to go out with them again. If you both agree, emails/phone numbers are exchanged. If either one or the other does not seem interested, then nothing gets exchanged. It's a night of many rejections, and perhaps many future dates!

I have to admit, this was another one of those nights I would rather not have been there. Grant and I just broke up recently at this time, and I wasn't excited to meet any of these guys. I wasn't anticipating to meet anyone like I had when I met Grant at a speed-dating event earlier this last summer. Later on, Grant told me he had a hard time with me being there that night. I felt bad being out without him. All I wanted to do was call him. So, to make a sad story better...we are now back together!

By the way, Jon Parkinson was my only date who was willing to get his picture taken...or at least noticed I had a camera on me. I'll give him an extra star for that!

No comments: