Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Exhaust Day at PCH

Last Friday at Phoenix Children's Hospital, our garden level was rudely awakened when exhaust was coming through our vents. There is construction going on next to the Outpatient building, and our air conditioning return sucked up exhaust from trucks parked nearby. Our smoke alarm went off moments after I smelt a horrible smell and felt as though I couldn't breathe much longer in it. We all left the building and were told to come back in an hour or so while they cleared our space.

We went to the Biltmore Mall. Dianne, Nica, Patrick, and I enjoyed some leisurely time visiting stores and eating lunch at the California Pizza Kitchen. Yeah, I'm not sure what Nica is doing there...but it looks like Dianne doesn't want anything to do with it! As for me, I'm not sure what's going on with my hair...let's just hope it's normally not like that! Patrick, I'd say Nica captured a darn good picture of you. You win with being the most photogenic this day!

We got the okay to go back to work, and actually it was really bad still. We were all worried about being poisoned with carbon monoxide. So, within an hour or so we left for the day. Most of us weren't feeling well. We had headaches, nausea, and our faces didn't look too good. But, as you can see...I at least made it! We all are feeling much better now, and hopefully this will not happen again while we're at work...scary!!

No comments: