Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Mesa, Arizona LDS Temple

This was my first visit to the Mesa Temple.

My new friend, Drew, came along with me. Drew and I met through my former roommate at BYU, Taryn Smith. While I was staying at Taryn's house during my visit to Arizona, she mentioned that Drew might be interested in doing something with me. He moved down to AZ for an internship at Intel for the semester the same weekend I came down to interview and visit the area. I called him up and we became friends instantly! We spent the weekend checking out Arizona together. He was a great friend to have around being new to the area. We both wanted to see the temple...so we did!

When I think of the Mesa temple, the first thing that comes to my mind is my mom. This temple is very special to her. When my mom chose to go through the temple the first time, this temple was her choice. She was able to come here and have her family members present, which was very important to her.

My mom always had a magnet on our refrigerator of the Mesa Temple. It was a nighttime photo. The temple looked massive. It appeared to have so much water around it. But, when I saw it in person, it didn't look as large as I had imagined. The pools of water seemed to be smaller, also. It's interesting how our minds perceive places before we actually go and see them. The temple is definitely a beautiful place. I especially was in awe when I saw the temple grounds lit up with Christmas lights.

No comments: