Saturday, February 16, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day!

Today was such a fun day! I woke up and got to work, and my co-workers celebrated my birthday by decorating my cubicle and getting me an ice cream cake! It was so nice of them!

Then, after work, I met up with Aunt Margaret and Ariel for a Valentine's Day concert with the Dutton Family! It was a pleasant surprise to hear that Janet, my mom's cousin, was coming along!

Neither Janet nor I have never heard of the Dutton's, but they are well known in Branson, MO where they perform every summer. During the winter, they're back in Arizona entertaining everyone throughout the valley.
It was one high-energy, fun show! I would recommend it to anyone. The Dutton's are a big family with lots of talent. They even made it to the top 10 on America's Got Talent...a television show. They all play many instruments...with mainly a lot of fiddlin' going on! Since it was Valentine's day, all the ladies in the audience were given carnations to take home. That was sweet!

After the show, we went back to the Ricks' home for some ice cream and cookies. I found out Janet's trying to move back here from Idaho. Hopefully, she'll be able to get a job out here soon so she can be here with her family!

No comments: