Monday, February 4, 2008

Family Home Evening

Tonight we had such a fun FHE. We went to an assisted living place in Chandler to go play BINGO with the residents! I was able to be blessed to play along-side of Geneva Thornton (to my right in the pink) and Eunice (Euni) Pozycki (to my left).

This was the first time Euni had ever played BINGO. Can you believe that? Not only that, but she won the first BINGO round of the night! I felt the luck and told Geneva she would be next. Guess what?! She was! She won the second round! We were on fire!

They were a couple of funny women! I had so much fun getting to know them. They were feisty! Euni was so silly talking about all the young men...they've never seen so many good looking young men! She later told me that I should stick with this church group to find a man because they are better than those off the streets! I found out that Geneva was from St. Louis and Euni was born in Chicago but lived in Kansas City, Missouri. Yeah, we were all Missouri girls! I knew I felt a connection with them! Later on Geneva showed me her apartment and all her paintings. She is an amazing artist! I was so impressed! Both of them were so sweet and really appreciated our group coming out to visit.

No comments: