Monday, December 10, 2007

The Mesa, Arizona Temple Christmas Lights

For FHE tonight, we went to the Mesa Temple to listen to a choir and enjoy the Christmas lights.

The choir had a few people from our single's ward participate. They sang peaceful Christmas songs. It really was nice to sit back and watch the rain drops fall into the reflection pond.

Unfortunately, the weather didn't completely cooperate throughout the evening. The rain started out as a nice sprinkle, and by the end of the night, we were racing to get inside our cars.

Here's a nice profile shot of Grant protecting his perfect hair with my winter coat and snuggling up in my "stinky" blanket. Sorry about that...it's going in the wash before I use it again! It was so good to see Grant; I've missed being around him. I don't think I stopped smiling once while I was by him! I really have missed our fun times together! Plus, I think he has a thing for wanting his pictures to be in my blog. :)

This final shot, if you can see it, was where the night concluded. We were in the church parking lot, across from the temple, serving up hot chocolate and muffins/cookies. It was raining pretty good the whole time. People were getting drenched and cold. Yet, many still stayed around to socialize. Yep, maybe we're all just a tad bit crazy, but it was kind of fun to get wet! I went home with my jeans completely soaked from my calves down. Even my socks couldn't hide from the rain.

All that, and I didn't even get a picture of the Arizona Temple Christmas lights! Maybe next time!

2 comments:

Degns Of Our Lives said...

Sounds like fun!

Degns Of Our Lives said...

the singles ward activities are always so fun...family wards just have dumb christmas parties where your kids aren't invited! LAME-O