Monday, July 14, 2008

Home Sweet Home

I was so happy to finally be home.

I was able to be awake when we were driving home so I could give mom directions back to my apartment. I didn't lose my appetite. On the way home, we stopped over at Wendy's for dinner. I got my kid's meal, of course. The next day, Jason brought us Oregano's for lunch. It was wonderful.

I actually didn't feel that bad on Friday. I wasn't too dizzy at that time, and my ear wasn't in pain. We got some pictures of my bandages. I have a cotton sticking out of my ear, and bandage wrapped around my left arm where they got the vein out, and a bandage around my right hand, where my IV was. I also had my ID tag on.

We took out the cotton in my ear, and it had some blood on it. It feels like every time I get out of bed my ear drains fluid. It's normal to bleed for a few days.

I have a nice bruise where my IV was placed in my hand. It is swollen, too. No wonder it hurt so bad.

I haven't taken off the bandage on my left arm yet, but I can after today. I had to keep in on so the steri-strips won't come off while I'm asleep.

I'm allowed to take a shower today! I'm pretty nasty and greasy. I hope I'll be able to handle it today. I've been feeling extra dizzy these last 2 days.

Friday night, I was feeling really good. (By the way, when I got home Friday, Jason had flowers delivered to my apartment. They were so beautiful. My mom put them in my room, and the room smelt so good!) That night, I called all my family and friends to let them know how I was doing post-surgery, but Saturday, I think I did too much. Curtis came over on Saturday morning to see how I was doing, and I'd say I was feeling good then. (He was so great and brought me red gerber flowers and a card.) I stayed up most of Saturday and watched a movie and then played canasta with Jason and mom. Sunday, I felt really dizzy most of the day and didn't want to do much. I was having a hard time even with talking to friends on the phone. Jamie stopped by to see me, and that was nice. But by 6 pm, I was asleep for the night. I didn't get up until 1:30 pm today (Monday). Again, I am not feeling well. I am really dizzy. I am not in the mood to do much of anything. I'm seriously writing in this blog so my sister won't yell at me again...but I'm feeling pretty yucky. I hope it all makes sense in the end. I'm nervous I won't be able to drive tomorrow to take my mom to the airport. At this rate, I won't be doing much this week. I am getting tired of sleeping and not being able to hear. When I sleep, I'm blocking my good ear, so I really can't hear now. I wish I could do more, but even watching tv today has made me dizzy. Mom has left me alone at this moment to go on a gelato run. I'm going to try to get her just as addicted as I am! I'm excited for her to bring home banana/pineapple/chocolate oreo gelato!


No comments: