Friday, August 17, 2007

Dinner in the Desert

On April 14, 2007, the Tempe Stake had a country western night called "Dinner in the Desert." Marcus invited me to be his date for the evening. We all got filled up on sloppy joes and country dancing. There was also an opportunity to get photos and rope a steer! In the group photo, the only people I know are myself, (wearing pink), Marcus (below me), Brad (Nica's boyfriend to my right), and Nica (next to Brad). Since Marcus knew his eyes were shut in the group picture, we got a photo of the two of us. The picture at the picnic table was of Kala, Scott, Marcus and me. Marcus swung me around on the dance floor most of the night. It's so much fun going to a dance with someone who's a pro! Later on in the evening, we roped some steers! That was so much fun for me because I actually could do it! If I can remember I totally took that steer down with my third try! Then, I tried to teach Marcus how to do it. It's all about the wrist!




No comments: